This session is for Canadian residents who currently have an IRA or 401(k) in the US.
You will learn about the tax implications of moving these retirement plans to a Canadian RRSP, and the practicalities of doing so.
As the Manager of Wealth Management Taxation, Jennie Ho is responsible for providing Canada and U.S. cross-border tax-based expertise and guidance to Scotia Wealth Advisors and clients across Canada.
Jennie is focused on individual Canada & U.S. cross-border taxation matters including:
- Canada and U.S. cross-border individual tax planning;
- Canada and U.S. residency determination;
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) voluntary disclosure programs for U.S. foreign reporting; and
- Other related matters such as PFIC reporting, IRA rollovers and withholding tax issues.
- Dave Lee, Senior Wealth Advisor, Scotia Wealth Management
- Jennie Ho, CPA (NH), Manager, Wealth Management Taxation